Friday, May 4, 2012

The Best Ethical Philosophy

For my last post of my collegiate career, I would like to talk about my favorite ethical philosophy. The Judeo-Christian Persons as Means philosophy is my favorite ethical practice. By definition, this philosophy states that "one should love thy neighbor as they would themselves. The reason I like this practice so much is because it is the practice that should be used everyday by every person, business, and corporation. The practice is the best because it truly is the only one of the five practices that is both ethically and morally right.

I just finished a case study over Apple and their recent crisis with their supplier Foxconn. After the evaluations were made over the audits that the Foxconn factories had to go through, Apple was appalled. The organization went up in arms and said that they would not do business with those that treat humans so poorly. Then to top it off, Apple put on its home website a supplier code of conduct that it expects all of its suppliers to follow. This case study was truly the best example of the Judeo-Christian philosophy and should be studied by all. Apple truly showed love and compassion towards its neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment